Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Book review: Every Single Lie

Book review: Every Single Lie
by Rachel Vincent
Pub Date: 12 Jan 2021 
Read courtesy of http://www.netgalley.com

If you love twists and turns, you'll enjoy Every Single Lie. The author deftly wove a tale with believable evidence at every turn, and she convinced me to twist my decision each time. I didn't feel manipulated as I followed along with Beckett in trying to solve the mystery that entangled her family and friends.

The small town setting was effective as the backdrop for the gossip of the undeniably too-close-for-comfort coincidences that cause Beckett to become the center of a social media onslaught. Some of the story focuses on the consequences of uncontrolled and unsupervised use of social media, while another part of the story focuses on the havoc that opioid abuse can cause to a family. The mixing of the two was toxic and deadly to Beckett's family. 

4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐I am looking forward to getting this into my high school students' hands.

No comments: