Sunday, April 14, 2019

Book Review: The Lovely and the Lost

The Lovely and the Lost
by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Pub Date: 07 May 2019 

Read courtesy of Netgalley.com

I really enjoyed the way the author had the character think like a dog. It added interest to the story. I LOL'ed at the "Boop." Look for it :o) 

That being said, though, I'm not sure the author (or maybe it's the publisher) knows who her audience is. The vocabulary is very lofty, and it doesn't seem to match the genre of the story. Moreover, the author uses some old references that I'm not even sure today's readers would understand (for example, John Hughes movies, Fred Astaire).

I found myself not engrossed enough in the story to follow the mystery itself. Following the mystery, therefore, was more confusing than intriguing. As a whole I wanted to like it more than I did, but I struggled to finish it.

No comments: