Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Audio Book Review: Raybearer

Raybearer
by Jordan Ifueko
Pub Date: 18 Aug 2020 
listened to courtesy of http://netgalley.com

Full disclosure: DNF

More full disclosure: I'm not a fan of fantasy, but I was anxious to try out NetGalley's new audiobook offerings, and this was a YA title.

This was a DNF not only because I'm not a fantasy fan, but because I was trying to concentrate so hard to follow the story and backstory while driving that I missed my exit and had to drive out of my way to get to where I was going. If I had to concentrate that intensely, there was no enjoyment in it, just distraction from the story.

 Plus this was listed as sci-fi and fantasy, and from what I could tell, it was pure fantasy.

The narrator was lyrical enough for a fairytale-type story, though almost too much so. She had a breathy quality that implied anticipation, but not everything need to be anticipated.

No comments: