Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 5: NJASL VP

  1. I pulled together a list of all of the topics NJASL conferences have covered from 2008-2011.
  2. Then I checked out another conference's current conference offerings (http://www.isteconference.org/2012/program/search.php) and added more topics to the list of possibilities.
  3. I also included in the list all of the types of sessions NJASL has used 2008-2011 and added a few from ISTE. 
  4. Then I sent the list to the current Board of Trustees as a survey made through www.kwiksurveys.com.
  5. I've asked them to approve the survey to be sent to our membership to ascertain the types of things our members want and to help us determine the kind of conference (and the length of conference) that we want in the future.
Before I was asked to run for office, I asked to volunteer for the 2012 conference committee. In my note to the conference chair., I said the reason why I was volunteering was because the last conference felt 'antiquated.' My gut was apparently right. By performing this exercise in conference analysis, I was disturbed to discover, or perhaps my Rose-colored Glasses will allow me to see this as an enlightenment, how redundant our past four conferences have been! I don't have the numbers in front of me right now, but the topics and presenters sometimes repeated all four years! Are you kidding me??!!


No comments: