Out of context, this just sounds crazy. In context, it's the shout coming from every school librarians' brain. People accept the new technologies and all of their implications, yet they hold onto the stereotypical role of a school librarian. School librarians take the lead in educational technology and infusing it into student learning.
Here are some of the resources I've created over the years to help educate the educators and administrators about what school librarians do:
Many of the resources are linked through this page Ways to Collaborate with Your Librarian, but I've also linked the resources separately, too.
- Your Techbrarian: A Prezi
- How School Librarians Support Teachers
- When You Ask Me What I Do
- When You Ask Me What I Do: Steps to Take (open the speaker's notes)
- Teacher Tech Inventory Skills List
- AASL Standards for the 21st C Learner
- ISTE Standards for Students
- ISTE Standards for Teachers
- ISTE Standards for Administrators